The springs of Korytnica mineral water rise in Low Tatras National Park at 850 meters above sea level. Not long ago, the settlement of Korytnica, originally named Medokýš, was also known as a popular spa resort.
In 1768, the prefect Anton Pongrác submitted a proposal at the Royal Chamber for an expert analysis of the curative power of Korytnica springs. 14 years later an official proposal for the exploitation of their curative properties was submitted. However, the Hungarian magnates had fancied the water already in the 17th century. Dr. Hoffmann, the county doctor and one of the founders of the spa resort, was convinced that the local springs deserved the most attention of all springs in the region of Liptov. He and his colleague from Vienna, Christian Gerhard Flittner even considered them the most effective in the entire monarchy.
In the middle of the 19th century the water was already filled into bottles and sold throughout the entire region of Western Slovakia, as well as in Vienna and Budapest, and was, of course, used also for spa purposes. The Minister of the Interior would obtain Korytnica water for the needs of the court. At the beginning of the 20th century the demand for Korytnica water grew even higher, it was sold in pharmacies throughout Slovakia and was exported to the USA. This growth was only stopped by the World War and its consequences. The quality of Korytnica mineral water was officially appraised for the first time in 1873 at the World Exposition in Vienna (two gold and one silver medals). It received more medals in Trieste, Italy and in Budapest and in 1904 at the World Exposition in Saint Louis, USA, as the only European mineral water. The spa went through several owners and in 1939 it was placed under state ownership. The state rented it to the Central Social Insurance Company in Bratislava. In 1995 the spa was privatized by the company FLK, a.s.
The present owner of the bottling plant is the company AMOS-SERVICES s.r.o. which invested in its modernisation in 2013. On the modern line the mineral water is filled into glass and PET bottles.